Monday, May 4, 2009

Farel Dalrymple for Dark Horse Presents

Check it out: Farel Dalrymple, one of my favorite comic book artists, did a short story entitled "Em and Gwen in: Magic Spell" for the Dark Horse Presents series run through Myspace. It's surreal, ambiguous, and stars precocious children, like most of the works I've read by him. The art is fantastic- his style is so dynamic and playful, with excellent attention to line. I'm not sure how I'm feeling the colors though (done by Jim Campbell). Nothing wrong with it, I just think I like his black and white stuff best. It's a bit more audacious, I guess.

For more from this exceptional artist, he posts news and sketches fairly regularly to his livejournal, and both contributes to and edits the phenomenal Meathaus anthologies. He's also the guy who did art for the acclaimed Jonathan Lethem-penned Omega the Unknown revamp.

And his solo graphic novel Pop Gun War ranks among my favorite comics (you know, the one that's the basis for my tattoo?). I'd recommend anything he's worked on for fans of imaginative, sort of weird, and really gorgeous comic books. Or anyone who trusts in my good taste!

1 comment:

anjalimehtus said...


do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india overseas education consultants in hyderabad for usa with good visa assurance.we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university. overseas education consultants in ameerpet